Senior Systems Analyst
|Title:||Senior Systems Analyst|
|Location:||Little Rock, AR|
DescriptionJoin the CSS team! Comprehensive Software Systems, LLC is currently searching for a Senior Systems Analyst.
At CSS you'll work at a great organization with a fabulous work environment and location. Employees enjoy a fast-paced work environment, outstanding opportunities for professional growth, and a chance to help CSS drive innovative solutions for the financial services industry. We have an excellent benefit package, including medical and dental insurance for employees AND their immediate family, paid time off, paid holidays, life insurance, long-term disability, Cafeteria Plan, 401(k), Education Assistance, and much more! Visit www.csssoftware.com to learn more about CSS.
Senior Systems Analyst Job Purpose:
This position will implement application solutions for an enterprise financial services application (CSS) serving multiple clients and quality assurance environments. Responsible for maintaining application servers, optimizing performance, and managing system resources, security, and system availability.
Senior Systems Analyst Job Duties:
- Support multiple environments using IIS, Windows Services, Batch, and other Microsoft® 2003/2008 servers in a VMware environment.
- Install, configure, upgrade, and patch Microsoft 2003/2008 Servers for a financial services system.
- Perform backup/recovery, monitoring, and performance tuning. Configure, schedule, and implement maintenance jobs (database backup, integrity check, etc.).
- Prepare and maintain operational procedure documentation.
- Develop and define security procedures and administrative controls; monitor user access, and maintain file system security.
- Plan and execute major and minor application code upgrades to the enterprise application.
- Allocate systems storage and develop plans for future resource requirements for the application servers.
- Evaluate and assess technologies and new features to determine validity for our software and environment.
- Create work break-down structures and estimates for complex application install processes. Has the ability to confirm the estimates of other systems analysts.
- Create required documentation for projects.
- Work closely with a cross-functional project team(s) throughout all phases of the SDLC.
- Work with QA, BA, and Client Support teams to resolve high severity client issues.
- Provide on-call support on a scheduled basis.
- Mentor others in areas including but not limited to:
- assisting in troubleshooting complex issues
- providing guidance on expected coding and documentation standards
- walking through CSS processes
- Perform automated scripting in Windows PowerShell® or other scripting languages.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize the performance of servers, including preparation of periodic metrics.
- Prototype solutions using state-of-the-art technologies and evaluate for efficiency and ease of programming.
- Have in-depth knowledge of several CSS modules, the CSS database architecture, and overall CSS architecture.
- Continuous self-education with Microsoft technology and brokerage industry.
- And other duties assigned by management.
- Expert knowledge in MS Server administration as demonstrated by no less than 5 years’ experience working as a senior or lead MS Server Administrator
- Highly skilled in the following:
- Windows Server 2003/2008
- Microsoft IIS servers
- Reporting Services
- Application code management and deployment
- Application recovery concepts
- Networking fundamentals and concepts
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in information systems or information technology or related field or equivalent experience
- MCSE: Data Platform certification
- Prior experience with SAN Technologies
- VMWARE experience
- Type 25 words a minute for data and configuration entry
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook®, Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Access®, Visio®, and Project.
Little Rock, AR or Golden, CO
EOE Physical/Environmental Characteristics:
Essential duties are performed in a general office work environment and regularly
require eight (8) or more hours of sitting at a work station/desk while completing
paperwork or using computers, calculators, copiers, fax machines and other
business office machines and equipment. Essential duties may also involve:
occasional kneeling, squatting, bending, walking, crouching, stooping and lifting up
to 30 pounds to stack, store supplies or various office equipment, as directed.
Compliance to security and safety procedures, including use of Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE), is required.
We do not accept phone calls related to this posting. This is an internal position and is not open to search firms.
Local Candidates ONLY
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications